Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Catalina123
Joe Petroni wrote:I used to fly around in Plane Sailings old Catalina quite a bit. Operating from the water was fairly entertaining. :shock: In fact I was onboard when the aircraft did it's first water landing in about 25 years. Sadly In the intervening period, it had all sorts of holes drilled in the hull in connection with the survey work. We thought we had them all plugged, but we missed a small one in the NLG bay. Spent the day rigging up bilge pumps, and bailing her out.

That must have been a long time ago Joe - 1985? That aircraft is sadly no more. However, regarding the questions raised earlier in this thread about share ownership by other forum members, it may be of interest for you to know that Plane Sailing Air Displays Ltd is holding a special event at Duxford for those interested in the concept. The event is subject to prior booking and further details may be obtained from the following link ...

http://catalina.cardinal-technologies.com/main.asp

David Legg
Editor, The Catalina News
The Catalina Society
By Moose
rats404 wrote:I know the feeling. During my IMC course, "cleared for the approach, you are number two to the Lancaster" :-)

Special moments hey? Had that early on in my flying career going into Bristol in a PA28. Was such an awesome sight watching it start it's take-off roll whilst I was bimbling along on short finals :thumleft: