Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Weatherman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi,

Watch the latest forecast video at http://www.flyer.co.uk/weather/ in association with Flyer Magazine and Aspen Avonics.

Keep the sun shining!

Simon
Last edited by Weatherman on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:12 am, edited 60 times in total.
By WingedSupra
I really find these weather updates useful. They are relevant and well presented. However, I'd find it even more useful if there was a way to subscribe and get notified when the video at the link above is updated, perhaps by email?

The forum post method would also work however from what I've seen it's not always updated.

Has this been considered, or is there a way to do it already that I've missed?
By Weatherman
Hi,

Pleased you like the forecasts...please spread the word!

I do run a mailing list which you can join at aviationweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net This will tell you when the Flyer forecast is updated as well as my other videos.

Also, flyer have a news letter which is published each week....they may have plans for an alert to be triggered when the videos are updated?

You can also follow @Flyer_Magazine and @wxweb on twitter.

Hope this helps,
Simon
By Yankee-K
Why were you showing cloud bases for 18Z and not 12Z in the 13/3/2014 forecast Simon?
By Weatherman
Aha, good spot.

The chart times do show 18Z, but these are the lowest bases estimated during the afternoon periods (from midday to 6pm).

Sorry, should have explained that one!

Simon
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
What am I doing wrong? When I click on the link all I get is an Ad for Aspen. No weather.

Same here. I am on a locked-down work PC, so maybe a security setting is stopping something from running.
By ianfallon
These weather forecast videos are great - really appreciated - thankyou! :thumleft:
By chinesespaceman
Hi Simon, keep up the good work.
I use wetherweb.net frequently when planning and during European vfr touring which, together with the dial a forecast service is invaluable.
One small point is that when I log on to wetherweb.net and then go to aviation there seems no way to automatically log on, which is a bit of a pain using mobile devices.
I haven't made a thorough search, but is there a menu of previous podcasts where I can pick up for example the latest long range forecast?

Many thanks

Gavin
By rbh1946
Simon

This and WeatherWeb TV really excellent. In summer months would it be possible to comment on near continent for those of us planning trips?

Thanks