Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Bathman
This looks interesting

http://www.airwaysflyingclub.co.uk/abou ... -club.aspx

£200 quid solo and £235 dual for a twin and that’s down south prices as well.

That’s an unbelievable price if you ask me. I though the interest repayments would mean the aircraft would be much more expensive than this.

Does anyone know if they have actually got it yet and if so what’s it like to fly?
By aerofurb
It's out there earning it's keep as I type (waiting for RV-12 freshly painted bits to dry!). Apparently it's as happy as Larry operating off the Wycombe grass runway 35.

CAA excelled themselves (many people involved in Registrations, Approvals and Applications and the Gatwick Regional Office) in getting the CofA issued on Friday morning after it arrived on a ferry permit from Italy a week earlier.

I managed a quick fly on Friday afternoon - now I have to do my MEP rating... The boss ferried it over and it seems to true out at 140 KTAS at all altitudes (130-135 KIAS at 25" and 2000rpm prop speed when I flew it) and it's using around 38 LPH total at that.

Lots of interest whilst we had it in the hangar last week, we have around 20 people itching to get their MEP in the Club and a lot of potential sales enquiries. G-ZOOG is our UK demonstrator and will be operated by the Airways Flying Club as part of the fleet being available for MEP ratings and private hire.

Come and have a look at it at AeroExpo next week.

PS And before anyone asks - it is a proper metal aeroplane...! :wink:
By Mark R
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes, it's definitely there.
I flew into Wycombe this afternoon, and was parked next to it.

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

By MichaelP
It looks like I'll have to drive up to Wycombe for a look next weekend :D

Is it booked a lot, can I get a slot?
By Peter Mundy
Katamarino wrote:That's cheaper than our club Archer. Damn you Holland, damn you!!!

Vote with your feet. There is no need to pay that money for a PA28 - even in Holland.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Apparently it's as happy as Larry operating off the Wycombe grass runway 35.

I was lucky enough to fly one of the pre-certification aeroplanes from the factory in Capua. They operate from a a fairly rough, short grass strip.

Ian
By Paul_Sengupta
Katamarino wrote:That's cheaper than our club Archer. Damn you Holland, damn you!!!

Hey, leave Monocock out of it, I'm sure it's not his fault...

Does this thing run on mogas?
By aerofurb
The P2006T will be on static display at AeroExpo although it may well fly 'after hours'. Unfortunately, the number of visitor movements preclude flying it during the day - and if it was flying all day no one could have a proper look at it!

The aircraft is certified (as the Rotax 912S is) to run on 100LL Avgas or Unleaded fuel to EN228 spec (ie mogas) with up to 10% Ethanol. For some reason the CAA has different ideas to EASA with alcohol in fuel - over here only microlights can run with it. That said we hoping that very soon there will be an 'Unleaded Avgas' available.... :wink:

The engine is quite happy on Avgas but if you run more than 30% Avgas (over 50 hours) you have to change the oil (all 3 litres of it) every 50 hours instead of 100, and change the sparkplugs at 100 instead of 200. Sparkplugs are under £5 each unlike the 'under £20' for a Lycoming 'plug. For us it's great to have a new toy (and engines) to play with and learn about.

This one has the Garmin G950 glass cockpit. The G950 is like the G1000 without the autopilot. Engine instruments are analogue as Tecnam were concerned that it would delay the glass certification if the engine instruments were incorporated into the glass (it is IFR certified).

And yes, Dave, every one should buy one...! :)
By pmh1234
Interested to see what kind of fuel consumption you have with the dual rotax.
When there is more data please inform us.