Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boecopter
[unreliable] first reports say one broken human nose, no idea about the aircraft [/unreliable]
By Rich T
Just to say that no forumites involved. Iceman, EdwardG and I are currently at Oban. Spoke to David Howitt, a/c overturned on landing, minor injuries only, helimed is en route. More to follow when we get back home.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We had a 150 turn over in Florida...the ground wasn't especially boggy but they braked hard on the grass without pulling back and the nosewheel dug in, flipping the aeroplane.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Nosewheel aircraft can nose over (usually fairly slowly), if the nosewheel breaks off.

Ian
By TractorBoy
The Westmorland Flyer wrote:I'm still at Glenforsa. C172 G-CDMM overturned on landing. Pilot is walking wounded with minor injuries, others ok. Aircraft is clear of runway but airfield closed for inbounds at present. Extremely quick emergency services response.

:shock:

Thats one of our groups. I know the person who's got that booked. Can you please confirm everyone's OK?
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The recommendation also said that to use the southern part of the strip, away from the water, as this was less boggy.
By Rich T
TractorBoy wrote:Thats one of our groups. I know the person who's got that booked. Can you please confirm everyone's OK?

I'm back at Gloucester now, Iceman and EdwardG are on their way back to the Bushe having dropped me off.

On hearing about the incident while fuelling at Oban, I rang David Howitt (airfield manager at Glenforsa) to check that TWF and his pax were not involved. He said that that there were no serious injuries. One person had facial injuries. The aircraft had flipped, and the nose wheel had broken (which ties in with Ian's assessment). It took 10 minutes to free the occupants.

Enroute from Oban we heard the police heli on its way there, and the helimed on its way out.

Hope this allays any worries, TB. Doubtless TWF will have more info, as he is on the spot.
By Rich T
Remosflyer wrote:Not speculating of course but perhaps by disregarding the local recommendation not to attempt to land if the wind has a southerly component...?

What local recommendation?
By TractorBoy
Hope this allays any worries, TB. Doubtless TWF will have more info, as he is on the spot.

Thanks. Just had a group email informing us of the incident and that apart from some bruising and a possible broken nose everyone was OK with no serious injury.