Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By bookworm
Timothy wrote:Do you think that each person who want to fly low over the water (off shore on the south coast of the IoW is a favourite) would need permission in advance, or will there be a blanket permission in the form of "Person, Vehicle, Vessel or Structure"?

Although that would be great, it does seem to undermine the point of SERA!

I think there was an "understanding" with Eurocontrol that there could be a blanket permission. And yes, it does!
By chrisbl
Neat return back to the question that set this off, is a fence a structure or even an obstacle?
By Timothy
chrisbl wrote:Neat return back to the question that set this off, is a fence a structure or even an obstacle?

My guess is that it has not been tested, and anyway, if it had, a decision in the Magistrates Court, where it would have been heard, does not create precedent.

So there is no answer until someone tries.

But it's not likely to come up, as, to be reported, there has to be a person there to report the event. It would be a hell of a coincidence if the reporter were 152.4m away, but could see that there was a fence directly under the aircraft.
By Flyingmac
Weather permitting, it's the Lancashire Landing this weekend in Morecombe bay. Fly down the beach as low as you like, then land on it. I can vouch for the dry and firm surface. (The loaded 172 VC was me). Short walk to the promenade for pub grub, cafe or chip shop. No excuses for the plug. It's for charity. Expect 150 plus aircraft.
By Timothy
That's landing according to normal aviation practice.
By matthew_w100
Can I ask again - when is SERA expected to come into effect? I have been unable to extract this information from either the CAA or the EASA web sites.
By Gordon Field
So it looks as if I can legally dangle my Dunlops low down in the Bedford Levels repeatedly carrying out PFLs and EFATO as there is no set height from which to commence those exercises.