Thursday 21 August 2014 06:15 UTC

Latest FLYER headlines:
Eclipse Aerospace announces employee cuts  -  London CTR reclassification information  -  Lancasters on display at Biggin Hill  
More news

Notamplot

This forum is for anything to do with light aviation
SimonM
Forumite

Notamplot

Postby SimonM » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Anyone else having problems displaying Notams lately.
Notamplot goes through the process of downloading the info but doesn't display anything.
PPL/IMCr/Night

The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets

Allan Armadale
Seasoned Forumite

Postby Allan Armadale » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes I have noticed the same, yesterday, I thought it was me. Ian Fallon is seen around these parts maybe worth a pm

Regards

Andy

Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Resident Forumite

Re: Notamplot

Postby Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Seems to be working fine for me. V2.6
The tall guy formerly in a 152

TonyC
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Postby TonyC » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Had the same updated to the latest version now sorted.

SimonM
Forumite

Postby SimonM » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I have been running V2.6 but reinstalled to see if it cured the problem. Unfortunately it hasn't. I'm getting the same thing on both the laptop and the desktop pc's.
PPL/IMCr/Night

rholder
Forumite

Postby rholder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Working for me 1/3/11 at 21.30.

Sometimes there is corrupt data in the NOTAMS and that causes the program to crash, or fail to display.

I am not collecting all the data (no Scotland ... !) so your problem may be in some data which I don't ask for. Try reducing four types of data to three, two and one, and then the list of airfields for which you want the data, until the problem goes away, and then you will know which item causes it.

RFWH

SimonM
Forumite

Postby SimonM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

rholder wrote:Working for me 1/3/11 at 21.30.

Sometimes there is corrupt data in the NOTAMS and that causes the program to crash, or fail to display.

I am not collecting all the data (no Scotland ... !) so your problem may be in some data which I don't ask for. Try reducing four types of data to three, two and one, and then the list of airfields for which you want the data, until the problem goes away, and then you will know which item causes it.

RFWH

Thanks RH, thats cracked it. Seems like the airfield notams were causing the problem.
PPL/IMCr/Night

bsfish
Junior Forumite

Postby bsfish » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 pm

I have the same problem with v2.6 and 2.4. 2.4 always worked before.

bsfish
Junior Forumite

Postby bsfish » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 pm

I have tried everything but still can't get it to download. Have tried downloading just enroute NOTAMS but still no joy. Any advice please?

eharding
Seasoned Forumite

Postby eharding » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

bsfish wrote:I have tried everything but still can't get it to download. Have tried downloading just enroute NOTAMS but still no joy. Any advice please?

If you're completely stuck, and unable to get a plot, then if you haven't done so already, you might want to take a look at a Google Chrome Extension I put together a while back - basically, it adds a plotting facility to the AIS NOTAM website. It currently lacks a set of persistent user-preferences that let you refine the filtering over and above that offered by the AIS interface, but I'm planning on devoting some time to sprucing it up over the next month or so.
I'm here at the field....I fight for my meals...I get my Yak into my living......

JamesB
Forumite

Postby JamesB » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Same problem here. I've tracked it down (at least on mine) to the "airfield information" download. If I have no airfields selected, the download completes OK. If I have some French airfields selected, it seems OK. When I try and include a UK airfield, it fails.

I've checked the data being passed between my computer and AvBrief's SOAP service - the data is being returned OK for UK airfields. Therefore the problem seems to be that Notamplot is not able to parse the data returned for UK airfields any more (perhaps a change in the schema) and is failing.

Return to GA Discussion