Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By BlackheathBloke
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have ordered one, just the basic package for starters, but I understood they would only start shipping in 'early Jan' so I'm not expecting it for a few weeks yet.
By mikeparsons84
I saw somewhere (I think it was their website) they started shipping on the 4th Jan! Obviously today nothing much will be delivered (depending on where you are and the snow - Prob30 on Gatwick TAF!)
By BlackheathBloke
Aha, ok thanks for the heads up I'll keep my eyes peeled.
By nje
Just had a phone call to say mine was being shipped today but they had a problem with my credit card. Payment sorted and it's now on the way. Just want some decent weather now.
By Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
I see they have taken the money, perhaps the unit is snowbound somewhere.

I'll be interested to see how it performs alongside the other cheaper options.

Safe Flying,
Richard W.
By nimbusj15
Do/Will NATS employees (TATCs) get a discount?

Never mind the apprentices what about the pensioners :D

I dunno in my day..........
By Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
Hi Ozplane,

Yep, I've been playing with various car type GPS sets loaded with Memory Map software. My record was a twenty five quid Binatone from Halfords. I used to have some success with the Navigo ones, but they seem to have changed the version of Windows CE and I gave up on the last one.

Obviously none of these units had the airspace warnings that the Alert unit offers.

Safe Flying,
Richard W.
By AndyR
Whiskey Kilo Wanderer wrote:I see they have taken the money, perhaps the unit is snowbound somewhere.

I'll be interested to see how it performs alongside the other cheaper options.

Safe Flying,
Richard W.

How have you got room for any more GPS sets in your aeroplane?? :shock: :shock: :lol:
By mlawton
Does anyone know whether on the display does the plane move or the map? I read a report that sometimes you have to manually scroll the map on some types of gps.
By BlackheathBloke
It looks like the plane stays centred and the map moves.

I think there's an option to scroll too, but haven't laid my hands on it yet so can't confirm.