Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I got a book "How to fly EDO Floats", I suppose I'll have to spend more time in the Luscombe (on EDO floats) next year.

Does anyone want to come splash with me? I need another 20 hours before I can teach.

Downtown yesterday, shopping you know... I thought about the attractive dental nurse into who's deep heavenly eyes I had to look, and who I might take flying...
I was going to an office party nearby the dentists and wondered whether I'd see her... I wouldn't have, the dentist was closed.
But there I was downtown, trying to finish a milkshake before catching the Cambie Street bus, standing on the corner of Robson and Granville, when she walked past. I touched her arm and she turned around surprised, chatted a while, gave me a really nice hug, and then disappeared into the crowd.

Absolutely made my day.

What's the difference between acts of fate, and co-incidence of thought and reality?

Aviators, fate, and intuition

As aviators we tune our senses and ignore our intuition at our peril.
I knew about the accident to the Pup before I started the engine, there was no logical reason for not doing the flight, but I knew that I shouldn't have gone.

Has anyone else a tale of intuition saving the day over logic?
By ChrisVJ
When I can get the heater in my cockpit going properly I'll come do some splashes with you, course you have to slow down a bit,
By Rotorhead
What did I get for Christmas?....

Hmm - let me see now...

Oh yes, I got a BRAND NEW CHOPPER! :D

It's Yellow with a new One blade design.
Very small (One pilot only).
Very basic design.
The blade is perfect. Goes like a hot knife through butter.
No engine problems whatsoever - Thats a fact.
Low insurance
Exempt landing fees.

I don't fancy trying it out, but the girlfriend is determined that I try it before
the onset of the cold front that's coming in on Saturday.

Anyone else fancy trying it? (I'd pay good money) :evil:
By AlanB
I got a helicopter as well :D

I might fly it this morning, trouble is its a bit breezy on the South Coast at the moment, so I may have to fly it indoors....:D

EA
By Peter Pan
I got a new aeroplane! Cheap to run on Air, with a single piston engine. Only 40 pumps from a foot pump and off she goes!

I have had the little helicopters for a few years now - if anyone wants any help in setting them up I can offer some pre-flight instruction! :wink:
By Vince C
Some chocolate aeroplanes. 747 - mmmmmmmm! Wonder if that airship is solid???

Vince
By Flyin'Dutch'
A hot air balloon ride with my wife and a very good mate, so roll on the good weather.

MichaelP

I read yesterday 'The Unbridgeable Divide' by Alex Kimbell (of 'Think like a Bird') I suspect from reading your posting that you will like both.

FD
By Vince C
FD - I have 'Think Like a Bird' on my shelves. Is 'The Unbridgeable Divide' as good?

Vince
By Flyin'Dutch'
I got to page 32 over the last few weeks as I have been too busy to get engrossed.

The other 300 pages I did in less than 24 hours.

I am told that I am a sentimental (old!) fool by my wife and loved it, and like you (I think,going by your signature) for me there is more to aviation than the stuff we do up there.

I think you'll love it.

FD
By MichaelP
It looks like I'll have to go book shopping, I don't know either title.

It's boxing day, I didn't fly yesterday and so I will fly today!
There's a lot of cumulus clouds, I think a flight amongst their tops is in order, the sky's blue and clear above them.

Boundary Bay is a ghost airport today, south african Paul is in the tower, and so we'll give him some business.
Later I'll sum up my year and post it on the website. A lot happened this year.
By Lefty
U picked it up last Christmas and read it straight through - couldn't put it down.

What is the story of the other book?

Tom
By Flyin'Dutch'
In the unbridgeable divide Kimbell gives an insight into his life as a helicopter instructor at Middle Wallop.

This is interspersed with a very moving account on how he meets the love of his life.

May be not so much aviation 'pur sang' but definitely a very good read for anyone who thinks that there is more to aviating than just the things we do in the wide blue yonder.

FD
By Irv Lee
For Xmas I got the most horrible throat and chest bug thanks to some pilot who couldn't wait long enough to go flying last week and infected me in his keeness to get airborne again. He just timed it nicely!! Wy can't people just stay in bed or at least at home when they are ill? :( :(
By Mike Cross
Rotor

Now you have your new chopper you'll be needing to practice this (about 500k) or if you don't have broadband the text version here
By Bob
My dearly beloved gave me a........wait for it.........Pilots Bag, the dreaded words are plastered all over it.
How will I ever live it down at a microlight club :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bob