Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Deans894
Good afternoon,

Im intending to fly to chambery challes les eaux airport next week but have been unable to locate any contact information to give them a call beforehand? I was hoping someone on here maybe able to point me in the right direction.

Im also looking for some recommendations for an airfield to stop at half way between Deauville Normandie and chambery challes les eaux. I intend to fly from Kemble to Deauville Normandie to clear customs but not sure where to go after that. It will be a VFR flight in a Robin DR400.

Thanks in advance.

Dean
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Airfield operator details are in the AIP entry.

Cosne sur Loire is almost exactly halfway between Deauville and Chambery, but the whole leg would be less than 3 hours in your DR400.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Deans894 wrote:...Im intending to fly to chambery challes les eaux airport next week but have been unable to locate any contact information to give them a call beforehand? I was hoping someone on here maybe able to point me in the right direction...

You see where you are going wrong is doing the whole " British PPR" thing "just in case" as you would in the UK...In France if the Airfield Plate has "Ouvert a la CAP" written on it you can pitch up whenever you want and any special instructions will be on the airfield plate itself or in a NOTAM - Simples!!

Regards. SD.. :wink:
Flyin'Dutch', Iceman liked this
skydriller wrote:
Deans894 wrote:...Im intending to fly to chambery challes les eaux airport next week but have been unable to locate any contact information to give them a call beforehand? I was hoping someone on here maybe able to point me in the right direction...

You see where you are going wrong is doing the whole " British PPR" thing "just in case" as you would in the UK...In France if the Airfield Plate has "Ouvert a la CAP" written on it you can pitch up whenever you want and any special instructions will be on the airfield plate itself or in a NOTAM - Simples!!

Regards. SD.. :wink:

You are exactly right! I feel the need to ring the airfields beforehand for clarification that its ok to land because thats what im use to doing! I have checked the plates for the airfields i intend to land at and they all say “Ouvert a La Cap”. I think ill just land there and see what happens. Thanks for your help!
By Rob P
Also consider Caen as an economical alternative customs stop with cheap fuel - 1.71 Euro yesterday. Landing fee under a tenner.

Rob P